The Foundry Clinic aims to provide a referral service for GPs and allied health professionals such as physiotherapists, osteopaths and chiropractors.
Working together with them we provide a comprehensive service that includes a full assessment, point of care ultrasound and ultrasound guided injections if applicable. Following the appointment, we will issue you and the person who referred you with a thorough report of our findings and recommendations. This service can be used to provide complex clients with a second opinion.
Our referral service includes:
Common circumstances for second opinions
- Your healthcare professional feels that further examination is required to determine exactly what your diagnosis is and to assist with further management
- Your physiotherapist has diagnosed you with a condition that you do not feel you have
- You suspect you have a condition that has not been diagnosed
- Your consultant has recommended surgery, and you would like to try conservative (non-surgical) treatment first
- If your healthcare professional is unsure about how they can help you, they may refer you to a physiotherapist who has more expertise in the services you require
- Where patients and their families are asked to make very important decisions regarding treatment options